Thursday, January 26, 2012

What I Wish For My Daughter


I wish she wouldn’t have to grow up until she was ready.

I wish she would listen and learn from others, but still choose her own path.

I wish she would find her passion and follow it, without interference and without question.

I wish she would see and do great things, in whatever way that means to her.

I wish for her to find the right balance in all aspects of her life.

I wish she would always know what’s most important, and when it’s okay to let things go.

I wish she would stand up for what’s right, and for those that cannot defend themselves.

I wish she would be kind and caring, but never forget to take care of herself.

I wish that she would know that while other people’s opinions are valuable and worth listening to, she should never sacrifice her happiness because of them.

I wish that she would someday experience a great love.

I wish that the person that she loves is the perfect compliment to who she is.

I wish that they will grow and change within their love, sharing their common interests while still celebrating their differences.

I wish that they will be able to appreciate the changes in each other, and that there never be judgments between them only love, trust, and respect.

I wish that they use their hard times to better the good times.

I wish for my daughter to be happy in her life as a whole.

I wish that if she is to experience pain, it is just enough for her to learn from it, but not enough to crush her.

I wish for her to live a long life, only leaving this place when she feels ready.

I wish that she will always know that she is one of the two best things I did with my life, and that I will love her unconditionally for all eternity.

2 comments:

Laume said...

I wish that for all my daughters. And my sons too.

Jess said...

That's precious Lis! That made me cry. I wish those same things for my children too! You are such a wonderful person and mom and I love you soo very much! You will always be my best friend!