Friday, March 21, 2014

A Ferry Adventure

Today I asked Nikki if I could take Ryan on a field trip with Markus and I, and she was very happy to let her come! Markus was super excited and asked about it all week! We started out in Coronado, and caught the ferry across the bay to downtown San Diego. The kids loved being on the ferry! There was so much to see and it was quite beautiful!



 It was also pretty cool to get pictures of things from the bay side!

 We brought the wagon because I was pretty sure the kids would have a hard time walking the half mile from the ferry to Seaport Village and back. Ryan immediately wanted to get out and pull!
 Until Markus realized she was struggling and got out to help her.
 But he's super lazy and decided to get back in so she could pull.
 So I said that I would pull and Ryan could push. But girlfriend was so strong, all I really ended up doing was steering! She almost ran me over a couple times!
 Then she got tired of pushing and decided to run instead.
 Which was exhausting, so she got back in to ride with Markus.
 We finally made it to the carousel and we were the first ones on! They were so excited to ride!




 Once our ride was over we walked around a bit, and found a cow to climb on!
 "Hey kids, what does the cow say?"
 Then we got a little treat from my favorite cupcake shop! (They have macaroons, which are amazing) 


 I figured if we stayed too much longer we'd miss the next ferry back, and then have to wait another hour. Which I just didn't see going well. So I hauled them back to the ferry, where they seemed pretty tired, and welcomed the rest.



 When we landed on the other side I could tell that they were going to need a nap when we got home, so we headed to the pizzeria to get a couple slices before heading home.

 The pizza seemed to lift their spirits quite a bit, and they both ate all of their giant slice!!

 It was still a bit hot, but they dove right in!

 The food gave them a little extra boost of energy to run around in the grass while I put the wagon in the car. They had such a great time!

Now they're both sleeping hard, while I eat the yummy salad that I got from the pizzeria!

No comments: