Sunday, May 3, 2015

Making

I had a brilliant idea that this year I was going to teach Joli how to cook so that I could have help with the cooking. I have tried to teach her a few things here and there, but I wanted her to actually be able to make a couple full meals. It was a bad plan. She brought home a cupcake recipe book from the library this weekend, so I thought this would be the perfect time to test my theory. She got the general idea, and followed instructions well, but when I left her to do things without specific help, she just floated off with her head lost in the clouds. I had to watch pretty carefully as she measured ingredients, or she would just start talking about flying with butterflies and completely not pay attention.
 Markus, on the other hand, has actually taken an interest in cooking, and has learned more and more over the past year or so. Tonight I gave him all the ingredients, and talked him through making potato salad, but I didn't actually have to do any of it! 
 Joli did do a pretty good job of doing the dishes after the cupcakes were made.
 They were, of course, Pinkalicious cupcakes! 

 The potato salad turned out so yummy!!

 Once the cupcakes were in the oven and the dishes were clean, it was time to make the frosting!
 PINK!

 Pretty much the only reason to bake....


 While Markus was in the bath, I taught Joli how to frost a cupcake.
 She did a pretty good job! 
 Then she added some sprinkles!
It was sort of a ridiculous and frustrating day, but a lot was accomplished, and we did get to make something fun, so call it a win!

No comments: