Friday, April 20, 2007

More Than Mama

I started this blog in order to have my own little jar to place my thoughts. I am also part of a web page of moms. The problem is that you have to be a mom to be part of that web page. So I have a myspace account. Unfortunately most people think you have to be young to have a myspace account. I found another group of moms and then another. Several groups in which I visit and contribute, but never just one space that is mine. Some place where anyone that can get online can look. A place that belongs only to me. My husband can't erase anything, the baby can't pee on it, and it doesn't have an endless amount of cat hair. This is the place that is left with only the essense of me. It will reflect my life. Not just as a mom, or a wife, or a babysitter (I hate that word by the way!), but as a woman. A woman that only chooses to remember the parts of her childhood that involves rope swings, swimming in the river, and climbing trees; that has a dark side, that comes out when the city closes in. A woman that has a sweet side for those she loves; and that may seem quiet at first, but will rock your world once you get to know her. I am a woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend. I am me, and this is my jar of thoughts.

8 comments:

Belita Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blame It on Paris said...

Welcome to Blogalandia! Laume makes a good blogging godmother. :)

So...since we are throwing a blogging shower...hmm...I say, Blogging is not an obligation. People always think when they start that they won't get that way, apologizing if they haven't posted recently no matter how busy they are, but then they do. Blogging is to enrich life, one way or another. You can't "enrich life" unless life comes first.

So that's my blogging tip! Also, I will symbolically add my macarons to the shower goodies from Beach Treasure (Laume).

Laume said...

Ooooh, make sure you go see the photos of Laura's macarons on her blog. (and her other goodies - complete with recipes) I suspect you two have something in common since I know you, Lisa, can make large servings of chocolate disappear in just seconds.

catsmum said...

Laume insisted we all come over here and say welcome
so welcome :]
to the happy sorority of blogging creative women.
I must say you are very lucky in your choice of mother-in-law but then I'm already sure that SHE got a peach of a DIL :]

Jaye said...

Fabulous introduction! Great picture of you as well. Love the 'jar of thoughts' image and your writing style is great. The pink is also very cheerful. Laume, who sent me here, will tell you that I do a lot of stuff that is cheerful. ;-)

Blogging tip: remember your privacy. There is a fine line between being open and too open. Everyone's line is different, so just think about it.

This is a take it or leave it tip (or two, maybe!): read your work before you post: spelling and grammar count for something. If people can't understand what you are trying to say they won't come back. So far so GREAT!

dee said...

"More than Mama". LOVE IT. That's exactly how I feel. I have six wee ones, and some days I feel like I'm "only a mom". Of course, i secretly believe that being a mom is the BEST job in the entire world, feminism be damned.
I, too, found you through your MIL. I hang out at her blog often, though I rarely post. It's just a nice place to drop in and soak up, you know? Now YOUR place...it looks familiar. :) (you have the same layout as me)

Good luck with blogging. Let it be a fun expression of you, not something to which you feel a slave.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I look forward to reading into more of your onw special Jar!!!

Anonymous said...

• blogalandia.spaces.msn.com •