Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Picnic at the Garden

I told Joli last weekend that I would take her to have a picnic in the garden. Since Joe didn't want to go we had to wait until today to go. The first thing she wanted to do was look at the fairy garden.
I was able to capture this visitor. He didn't like when Joli came over to see him, he was about as scared as the fairies.

Of course we must always take time to play in the sand.
After we ate some lunch on the patio, Joli wanted to go walk around the bridge.
She had to show me where the spiders live.
I tried to capture some pretty pictures in front of the door, but my subject didn't want to cooperate.
While we were there the owners were planting their pumpkin patch for fall. So we wandered the field and watched them a little.
Joli found a "wish". She said "I wish Daddy would take me fishing". She's been making the same wish for a year and a half. You'd think she'd give up by now.
I'm still not sure I like this statue, but Joli liked the "mushmellows".
One more fairy garden before we left.
Such a beautiful day for a trip to the garden.

2 comments:

kacie said...

Pretty! Wish we could have gone with you, but it looks like you had a fun and relaxing time!!! Can't wait until Saturday!

Laume said...

Looks like a lovely day. I love how you can see Joli's "wish" in front of her face in the close up photo. As for the large faery statue - not sure if I like it either. It reminds me of the blue "space faery" they had in the middle of the herb garden a few years ago - not really in keeping with the style of the rest of things. This one doesn't seem quite as bad, but I can't really see it well. Maybe I can check it out when I come down in June, if it's still there. A good place to walk around.