Sunday, November 22, 2009

Princess For a Night

Tonight was Joe's holiday party and it was a full on formal event. I was so excited to get all dressed up. Kacie wasn't really but I tried put some of my enthusiasm onto her. Before the ball we went together to get our hair done. I LOVE having someone play with my hair!
Then we went back to Chris and Kacie's and finished up the getting ready process. I think we did a pretty good job.
The guys cleaned up pretty nice too!
I was actually able to eat dinner as I had both mine and Kacie's husband making sure the waiters brought me the vegetarian option for dinner, since chicken is now a dirty word to me. Blah! They also brought me ice chips and rolls! Thanks guys!!
After dinner there were a few speakers including some celebrity guests. I knew a few of them were but I did my best to embarrass my husband when Rob Lowe walked on stage. I also tracked him down afterward. Oh yes that is him with his arm around me!!! I was a ridiculous school girl. I actually told him that I watch him every Sunday and burst into giggles when he said I looked excited! Whatever, it was Rob Lowe!!
It was so nice to see all the girls that I haven't seen in so long. They were excited to see me out and not throwing up!
The guys were goofy as usual, but we wouldn't want them any other way.
Kacie had a few drinks and was absolutely hilarious! Her sentences ran together like they were all one word but totally not even on the same topic! It was great!
I had to dance of course. Didn't make it as long as usual but I couldn't just sit still with all that music going on.
Abby also drank most of the wine supply and I couldn't help but laughing at how funny it is when you give all the Mommys a night out.
I had about eight glasses of water and was thoroughly excited as I haven't been able to drink water in about five weeks.
Joe was very entertained that I kept airing out my dress when I started to sweat.
One last picture of all of us looking pretty before we headed home to our children and our beds.
Nothing like cuddling with your daddy when you just so tired.
And now it's bedtime!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Glad you got to get out and have some fun. Glad Joe is home. So happy you felt good enough to go, and hopefully you will start feeling better,soon. Morning sickness is still very vivid in my memory--although I don't understand why it is called morning sickness when it lasts all day long??!! Anyway we love you all. Dad and Lori

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting Kacie in the mood...your oictures are so nice, and you all looked fabulous. And to think you spent another nite with out loosing it!!!!
Great pictures once again! Thanks Lisa

Pam

~Jess~ said...

Holy Cow! Rob Lowe!!! I am soo jealous! You looked georgous by the way! So glad you had a good time! You will have to tell me all about it! Love you!
Jess