Sunday, February 9, 2014

Chocolate Strawberry French Toast!

I saw this on Pinterest weeks ago and it looked so delicious, but strawberries were so expensive I couldn't bring myself to it. Then yesterday I walked into the store and they were on sale for $1.88!! So I grabbed them. In the picture I saw, the person used Nutella, but since I'm fully aware of how much sugar is added to it, I opted for a healthier choice. 
The kids didn't know what I was making, but they sure were getting excited watching the process!


 Since I've never actually made french toast before, I consulted my local cooking expert, my hubby, and he said that if I did it on the Foreman, it would probably cook more evenly. It was a great idea!
 When I called the kids to the table, they were SOOOOOO excited! I told them since Valentine's day is on a weekday, this was their special Valentine's breakfast!
 They both gave it two thumbs up!

 Once I cleaned up, I got to sit down and enjoy the creation myself! It's a nice morning!!

No comments: