Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Babies and Blankies

So I've uploaded this picture twice and it keeps coming up sideways. It's so cute though. Joli has discovered the baby doll that I'm going to take to Jessica's baby shower and is loves it now. They are playing patty cake in this picture!
This is Joli's old infant seat, and the baby dolls new place to be rocked!
Here's Joli dancing with the baby. I tried to get a picture of her when she was kissing the baby, but she was too quick!

Then we started talking about the rocking chair and Joli thought she should rock the baby in the chair too.
So since we have no dryer, we truely are hanging out all our laundry. Today I realized that there is a slight problem with this plan. It takes much longer to dry things, especially heavy things like a blanky. Joli was very unhappy that her blanky was hanging outside, even when she discovered it was totally wet she was still upset that I wouldn't get it down. After about 20 minutes and crying and trying to convince her that it was okay for blanky I tried to talk her into going inside. At first she thought it was a good idea, until she realized blanky had to stay outside. Then she wandered back to it and cried some more. I ended up having to rock her to sleep for her nap because she was just too unhappy without her blanky. Poor Baby!

2 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

Poor Joli. M peed through hers at naptime the other day and I didn't get it dry in time and made the mistake of trying to give her a different blankie ... I won't be doing that again.

Laume said...

Turns out I didn't have the photo of me holding onto my blankie on the line. I'll have to ask my mom for it. In fact, I asked if she'd bring some of my baby/kid pics with her when she came up, but it didn't happen.