Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Advances

This is the pool that I bought last week and took back this week. It was nice and big, but it was so big that Joli couldn't get in and out of it. Not only that but it was incredibly difficult to put up. So I took it back and Joe is going to get Joli one of those hard plastic ones that I don't have to worry about collapsing.
This is the alcove in our hallway. My mom had this extra medicine cabinet so I hung in up in there, and now it proudly displays my Belle collection.
This is the other side.
These are the two little dressers that I painted and also put in the alcove. It's worked perfectly for Joli's CD player and books.
This is the shelf I put up in Joli's bedroom. The angel and cradle I have had since I was a little girl.
Joli doesn't have an overhead light or a light switch in her bedroom, but I love this light switch cover. Oh well!
These are pretty and fragile, therefore on a very high shelf.

This is our makeshift living room. We don't have couches because Joe has not had a truck to go get them. He swears it will happen this week, so lets hope so.

This is our entryway.
This is where I have set up Joli's table area. She has puzzles, potato head, little animals, and crayons on her shelves to be used at her table. We also finally have a place to display the beautiful quilt Joe's mom made for us!
Tomorrow I'm working on my bedrom and will hopefully have more pictures!

2 comments:

Laume said...

Oooh, fun to see more pics! If next year you try one of those big pools again, the trick is to get one of those little plastic slides/ladders to get in and out. We liked this kind better than the hard plastic kind - I can't remember why - maybe the older kids were too rough on the hard plastic type, it was easier to drain when the water got murky, probably some other reasons. But Joli is still little, you can get a little one that can be drained.
The quilt looks great on that wall, wow! You've never had it in a place where you could see if from a distance and it looks a lot better from far off where it "blends". Cool!
There was one other comment I wanted to make.... can't remember....

Laume said...

There was a light fixture/ceiling fan at the thrift store today, brand new, that matched the glass pattern on your living room lamp. Do you want me to pick it up for you? I don't know what they'd want for it, or if it's even still there, but I can't imagine it would be more than $10-$20.