Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since our neighbors were so awesome and watched Joli most of the day yesterday for me, Joli and I decided to make them some chocolate chip cookies to say thank you. Joli couldn't wait to get started!

Joli wanted to taste all the ingredients as they went in. After tasting the flour she agreed that maybe she should wait until it was all mixed together.
Joli also wanted to help with putting the blobs on the cookie sheet. She's been practicing making balls with play-doh but it still took her awhile to make twelve.
We made three dozen cookies and only kept eight. I'm pretty sure I would have eaten all of them if we had kept them!
We prepared a basket and were very excited to bring them over.
I told Joli that we were going to take the cookies over to our neighbors and then we would get to have some of ours. She couldn't wait!
Once we were done with our cookies we headed to the store to get food that wasn't dessert. Joli wanted to take a picture to send to her Daddy. She was being very quiet and hugging her blankie. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I really miss my daddy".
We got a lot done today, but also did a lot of nothing. I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

Laume said...

I thought Joe was still home - is he gone again? He just called me today.