Sunday, October 14, 2012

Summer's Past!

Per our annual tradition, the kids and I headed out to Summer's Past Farms to see the pumpkin patch, and (the MOST EXCITING THING EVER for Markus) to jump in their jumpy house. It had been cool all week, but today it jumped up to 90 degrees! So we were over dressed and sweating, but Markus was so happy, he didn't care!
 

 Joli quickly shed her long-sleeved shirt, rolled up her jeans, and made a best friend!







 Joli's new friend had an American Girl Doll, so she and Joli sat in the grass and talked about their dolls and their lives for a very long time. Turns out they are almost exactly a year apart and have tons in common, including a love for tea parties and dolls! So the little girl's grandma and I exchanged numbers so that the next time we're coming out the girls can bring their dolls and have a tea party!

 It was so incredibly warm, that I was able to convince Markus to take a little break, and take some pictures in the pumpkin patch.

 I kept asking him if he wanted to take off his shirt or pants and he kept saying no. I was sweating just looking at him!

 Markus did not want to look at me for any reason....
 So we headed back to the jumpy house.
 Markus found a couple little boys to play with and I could hear them laughing all the way across the grass!


 We took another little break to watch the chickens.

 Then we sat and drank some iced tea. Actually we drank TONS of iced tea! Every time I'd go to take a drink it would be gone again! The owners know us, so every time we'd run out I'd send Markus over with the cup and $1, and they'd send him back with another full glass of tea. Everyone around the patio would start giggling when he would put his cup and his $1 on the counter and say "Moe tea peas!". Then they'd all smile over at me as he walked off saying "Tank you". I think we ended up with seven refills!!


 I got Joli to take a picture of me, and Markus wanted to be in it too.
 Then he started freaking out and not wanting to be in it, so it was just me.
 After about two hours I started getting hungry and slowly started herding kids toward the exit.



 "Eating num-nums!!"
 "Let's go"

 One last pumpkin picture.
 We were all so hungry from hours of exercise, that we ended up stopping for sandwiches on the way home. Such a great day with my babies!

No comments: