Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Special Day

This morning Markus had the opportunity to go to school, and since it was the only day that he could go while Joli didn't have to, we decided to take him. He was actually very excited to go, and kept trying to rush me out the door saying "ready go school, mommy". I think he missed his teachers and friends. Joli and I actually had a special morning planned. First we went to Starbucks and got a coffee, a hot cocoa, and a breakfast sandwich. I was very excited to use my drink cozy that my step mom sent me for Christmas!
 
 After stopping by Trader Joe's for a couple things, we headed over to finally get Joli's ears pierced! She's been asking since last year, but I wanted to make sure she was really ready. I told her on our way in that it would hurt when they did it, but only for a second. She was so excited!

 After signing all the paperwork, it was time to mark her ears.
 She was starting to get a little nervous, but still excited!
 Then it was time and the nerves really came out.
 She was pretty upset after the first ear, and asked to wait a minute before doing the next one. I felt bad that she was upset, but honestly she freaked out more the last time she had a splinter!
 Once it was over she was thrilled!
 Plus she got a lollipop, which pretty much makes all pain disappear!
 We hung out in the store for a little while and both found some cool stuff, including matching mother/daughter necklaces!
 In the afternoon the kids had some daddy time and got to shoot the BB gun! They were both so excited, and it didn't take long before Joli was hitting cans by herself!
 Markus surprisingly wasn't all that into shooting, and ended up playing basketball instead.
 After playing incredibly well together on the trampoline for awhile, both the kids came over to play a little more basketball.




It was such a nice day spending time with both the kids!

No comments: