Saturday, January 12, 2013

Handmade With Love

Now that the holidays are over, I thought it'd be fun to share some of the gifts I made this year. Although I would have LOVED to have the time and resources to make everyone a truly spectacular gift, that's just not reality. In any case, these are some of the gifts I did manage to create this year.
 
When I thought about how sad it made me that my little Charlotte was all the way on the other side of the country, and I hadn't seen her in so long that all I really wanted to give her was a big hug, I decided to make her this...
 
 Since Berkley was definitely due for an Auntie Lisa hug, I made her one in pink also!
 
Usually I order something for my dad and stepdad, but this year I had such cute pictures of the kids, I decided to make them both a collage.
 Years ago, Jess told me that she loves my snickerdoodle cookies. I would have loved to have been with her to make her some myself, but since I couldn't, I made her a mix instead.
 In 2011 Sam and Ashley got married, and we had everyone at the wedding sign little squares of fabric. Well this year I worked my butt off, and was able to finish their quilt by Thanksgiving! There wedding was in black and white, and it was so fun finding black and white fabrics. And of course I got the biggest square :D
 Some of my favorite cookies to make for people are my whole wheat, dark chocolate chip, cranberry, oatmeal cookies. Everyone is always shocked when I tell them they're whole wheat because they are so yummy! So I made several jars with the mix in it. This way people could enjoy them anytime they want, instead of having more sweets they have to eat at Christmas! I also mixed up and batch and froze them into balls for Abby and her kids, since she's was the only one close enough that I could give them to her to put in her freezer.
 This is the box of 25 activities of Christmas that I came up with for the kids in place of an advent calender. It was a ton of fun! I think next year I might figure out a way to do a big one on the wall that they can take the presents out of. Sort of like the mail boxes at the post office!
 This blankie I just loved! I actually had a hard time giving it up because it came out so soft, and I just love the colors! But I think Bailor will get a lot of use out of it, and it matches her room!

 For the kid's teachers I got them travel mugs and coffee for Christmas, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money. So for all the teacher's aids and babysitters, I made them snowflake peppermint bark! I sort of wish I would have made some for myself!!
 Joe was in need of another large beer stein, and believe it or not, they are difficult to find! I ended up ordering one from Germany. Then once it was here, I used the Sharpie baking method to personalize it.

 Of all the things I made this year, this was the gift that my family just didn't want to let go of. It came out so adorable!!! Hopefully this will help Caroline remember us :)




Unfortunately some of the gifts I was just so excited to get them in the mail, I sent them without taking pictures! For Joe's sister, Bella, I wanted to send something that the whole family could enjoy together. So I put together a box with waffle cone bowls and tons of ice cream toppings! Then all they would need to do is get some ice cream for a family ice cream night!
For my brother and sister, I got them one of my favorite Christmas movies (Elf), a jar of popcorn, a homemade hot cocoa mix, and a mug with their initials on it. Wish I could have been there to have a movie night with them, but at least they'll get to together.
I also gave Chris and Kacie, and Abby some hot cocoa mix, which they both said was amazing, so now I'm going to have to make some for us!
I'm sure I'm forgetting something since I started working in September, but those are the pictures I had and wanted to share with you all! I'm already starting to think of ideas for next year, and actually have two projects in the making! Now, let's just see if I can hold off giving them until Christmas!

1 comment:

Lily Westcar said...

Wow! These gifts are really amazing! I love every one of it and I'm pretty sure your family had a great time with it too. This is just amazing.