Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day

After going through my phone, I realized I had a bunch of pictures from last weekend that I hadn't put up yet. These are the pictures from Valentine's Day. The kids aren't supposed to have sweets at school, so these are the valentines we made instead.

 Markus really enjoyed the stamps.


 He also enjoyed making "chicken nugget tea". Bleh!
 Joe and I had talked a few weeks before about how I felt that Valentine's Day put too much pressure on people to spend 3-4 times as much as they normally would on something, in an effort to somehow prove that they love someone. Not that I don't enjoy the holiday, just that I hate the way that some people freak out if it isn't the most monumental day of their lives. I do very much enjoy the love part of the holiday, spending time with the ones I love, making fun and cute crafts, and just generally letting those around me know that I love them. When we had this talk though, Joe thought that I was being "grinchy" about the holiday. So even though he wasn't here, he sent me the best present he could have gotten me!! He knows me so well!! It was all so delicious, and even though I ate them over several days, I didn't really share too much!
 The kids and I also made some healthy "cupcakes" (actually pumpkin cranberry muffins), for the kids to decorate with their friends after school.
 When we got home, they laid out all their valentines.

 Then our friends and neighbors came over to decorate cupcakes! 
 With cream cheese frosting, they were pretty awesome!
 Then the best Valentine's Day present I've ever had showed up!! I was so surprised!
 Since there was only one day left in the week, the guys let Joe come home early to spend Valentine's day with us! He also brought Markus a blanket that he had bought because he was cold.
 Markus was pretty happy!
Such a great Valentine's Day, if only because I got to spend it with my love!

No comments: