Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lavender Day

Since Markus seemed to be feeling better this morning, I thought we'd go out to Summer's Past Farms for their lavender day. It was so nice, the flowers we beautiful, there was a guitarist on the patio, and they had mango iced tea and lavender lemonade. If only I hadn't brought the crabbiest children ever. Markus wanted me to follow him around, and no matter how bright and cheery I was, if I tried to walk over and look at something that wasn't his idea, he would melt into a screaming puddle. He did love the lavender lemonade though.

 Joli was just a sour puss. She wanted me to buy her a donut, but I had told her right before we left that we were just going to have some tea and walk around and then come home for lunch because we ate breakfast right before we left. She didn't think I was being fair and pouted the entire time. So I took pictures of the flowers instead.
 We checked out the chickens for awhile and watched them sit on their eggs.






 They were nice to each other for a brief moment and I managed to get proof!




 I figured if I suggested leaving it would lead to another fit (even though there had been a giant fit about going in), so I suggested that we walked around and looked at the fairy gardens (that are all near the entrance).


 The sunflowers were just beautiful!






 I got one more picture of them before Markus really lost it, and I talked them into to walking back to the car.







 I bought a bundle of lavender and Markus insisted on carrying it for me. What a gentlemen :)
 I found the perfect spot for it when we got home too.
 Markus was sort of up and down all afternoon. I sure wish this little illness would pass already! As nice as it is not having him running, jumping, and throwing things all the time, I hate seeing him sick!

No comments: