Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Drive-In & Concert in the Park

Last night I was able to get the kids ready and down to the drive-in an hour before the movie started! Last week we had tried to go and couldn't get in, so this week I made sure of it! The kids were thrilled and had the best time!

 I popped popcorn at home, and brought gummy worms, licorice, and yogurt covered pretzels. It was way too much sugar for me, but the kids loved it!


 Today we tried to go to the farmer's market and remembered that unless you go first thing in the morning, you can't actually park. So we went to Trader Joe's for our flowers instead. They make me smile every time I come home and see them sitting there!
 Joli wanted these bright pink roses, and Markus thought he needed the orange ones, so I agreed and they made a very pretty bouquet!
 This evening we went over to Nikki's and then walked down to the Concert in the Park! It was a Rolling Stones tribute band, which was very fun! The kids had the best time playing together!






 These kids were so funny in how they ate their hot dogs!

 Then the band started and everyone was thrilled to dance!











 There was another little boy sitting with us, and he offered to let Markus play with his telescope. Markus was thrilled to spot a nest in a tree!

 Then there was more dancing, mixed with ring-around-the-rosie. I was sweating!


 Joli said it was one of her funnest nights ever :D


No comments: