Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Blessingway

This morning I started out in the garden picking all sorts of beans and tomatoes! There was much to see!










 Once I filled my basket, I went inside to prepare some food for Kesha's Blessingway! I put out a bowl of tomatoes.
 Which looked beautiful with Laume's flowers.
 Everyone brought some food! It was all so amazing! These pears were like candy!


 Laume and Mandi each made cupcakes, and they complimented each other perfectly!
 Kesha made these DIVINE little rolls! I must have eaten about about twenty by the time the day was through! 
 After steaming, blanching, and cooling the beans, I drizzled them with balsamic vinegar, rosemary olive oil,  and a little bit of sea salt. They were so delicious, I just couldn't get enough!!
 Laume made this yummy wasabi cucumber salad from the cucumbers in her garden!
 There was also a bowl of ground cherries from Mandi's garden.
 This was most of the yummy spread we had!! It was so hard not to just stand there and eat it all!
 There were so many fun things to take part in as well!
 The puppies were pretty sure that everyone was there for them.



 One of the activities was for everyone to get a chance to henna Kesha's belly!
 This was my "love and light" contribution. 
 Kesha had lots of loving treatment! She was messaged all over with coconut oil, and had anywhere from one to five women working on her at once! It was the perfect pregnancy relaxation ritual!
 Here is the finished henna collaboration! 
 There were a few others there with beautiful bellies as well.
 The henna looked pretty neat as it was peeling off too!
It was such a wonderful experience, and I was so glad to be a part of it!

No comments: