Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bathroom Talk

So let me begin by saying I hate ants!!! They make me crazy! I feel like I'm a constant battle in which at any given moment I could make the wrong move and be taken over. The strange part is that although I feel like that are all over my house, the reality of it is that they are in every room except the kitchen. Very strange since there is all kinds of food in the kitchen, but they don't seem to be the food kind of ants. No these ants have very peculiar tastes indeed. Their favorite food seems to be baby poop. I am constantly finding swarms of them in the diaper pale. They also seem to enjoy wet towels, dirty laundry, dish soap, and the litter box. I do not understand. I have a crazy child who throws food on the floor at regular intervals throughout the day, yet they ignore the piles of bananas and meat and whatever else is cast aside, for the stuff that has already been processed and pushed out!! I just don't understand.
So a few days ago when the evil creatures had once again invaded my laundry room, I decided enough was enough. I called the front office for help. She said they could send the pest control guy out the next morning, but having an infant in the house, I was a little worried. Then she said that he can use a "natural" spray that won't harm the baby. I was a still a little nervous, so I decided to look up some natural remedies. I found out that ants do not like baby powder, vinegar, or lavender oil. Lucky me! These are three things in which I have fully stocked! So I mixed some vinegar and water in a spray bottle and sprayed my carpet. Then I put a few drops of lavender oil in some water and mopped my other floors with it. Then I spent the next few days throwing baby powder at any ant that I saw. This seemed to work, however my husband had a bit to say about the "snow" that had now taken over. Every time he went to give Joli a bath, she would come out lovely and clean and he would look like something close to the abominable snowman. So last night I swept up all the baby powder and lavender mopped again. Hopefully it will last awhile.

This also brings me to the next interesting thing that has been happening in my bathroom this week. Every time I get in the shower I start thinking about what other people do when they're in the bathroom. So I think well I'm going to ask people about it, but by the time I get out of the shower and out of the bathroom, and then get done dealing with whatever happened while I was in the shower, I forget whatver it was that I was going to ask. So I got this brilliant idea to keep a dry erase marker in the bathroom so that when I get out of the shower I can just write it on the mirror. So these are the questions I have come up with.

1. Do you ever repeat after you've lathered and rinsed?

2. Do you wash the bottom of you're feet in the shower or do you get out assuming they got clean?

3. Do you poop at the same time everday or is it random?

These are things in which I wonder about while I'm in the bathroom.

1 comment:

Laume said...

You are the STRANGEST child! I had no idea you were using that much baby powder!!!! LOLOLOL.

As for your questions -

1. Since I most often wash my hair every day, it's not dirty enough to need the "and repeat" part of lather and repeat. But once in a while I do shampoo twice. But then I usually just use a little bit of shampoo the first time around. I think it's just a way manufacturers have thought up to get you to use up your shampoo faster so you'll buy more. But on the rare times my hair is really greasy, it does help to "cut the grease" first with a first and then second shampoo.

2. I wash my feet, but not so much the bottom of them. I use a wash cloth, towel or loofah to get the callouses off though AFTER I get out of the shower.

3. Random. Although sometimes it coincides. I can't belief I'm answering this last one.