Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Whole New World

I feel that one of my responsibilities as a mom is to introduce new things to my child. I say this with the utmost excitement. I don't know who enjoys it more. Although my baby's going "Oh cool what's this?", I'm thinking "Wow, look how excited she is to see a rock! I wish I could find a rock that was that cool to me!" So the last few days have been learning days.

On Sunday we went to the pool. Although we have done this a few times, it's still new and exciting for Joli every time we go. Once we get into the pool she starts jumping and squealing like it's a giant tub of pudding. (Ooh that sounds good, I hope it's chocolate.) So this time we took Joe so he could take some pictures and I don't have to worry about the possibility of either A) dropping my camera into the water, or B) taking pictures of my child drowning. We had a good time as always and Joe finally got to see how much fun Joli has swimming. They also have a little wading pool for the smaller kids. Unfortunately it's still too high for Joli to be able to crawl around in so I help her walk around in it, and she also crawls around on the step.



Monday we took the "learning about art" that we started last week when we attempted to color, (which mostly consisted of "I wonder if this color taste different then that color"), and we finger painted! Well if you want to call it finger paint. Joli seems to believe it's called fingers, arms, legs, feet, toes, mouth, and booty paint. But hey you might as well throw yourself into your work right? I just taped a few sheets of paper down to the driveway, and put a couple globs of paint on the paper, and then let her lose. It was actually very exciting to see that she somewhat knew what to do. That is that she smeared it around on the paper in between tastes. All in all I think her first painting turned out quite nicely. Lucky for us we have a small wading pool that she also enjoys. So when she was done with the paint I put some water in the pool and tricked her into getting clean by calling it swimming!



On Tuesday we went slightly less (and I use the word loosely) messy, and Joli was introduced to whole pieces of watermelon. It would have been fine if I had had the foresight to do it outside and not in my living room. Oh well, you only live once and Joli decided it was her new favorite food!



I think maybe tomorrow we'll go to the zoo. That'll be fun! I have to say that I really do love the simplicity of being a baby.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I think it is fantastic that you are introducing Joli to various things. I love the painting pictures and would love to see more as well as the finished project. You could copy the painting and print it on fabric, if you have an inkjet printer.