Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend Getaway

Well with all the traveling we've been doing, Joli and I have failed to spend anymore than a few nights at my mom's. So we made a special trip up there this weekend just to see them. It ended up being a crazy weekend anyway. Some family friends drove all night from Oregon, and brought back my sister Elena. They were exhausted. Brianna and her friend Laura entertained the little boys in the backyard.Meanwhile the rest of them caught up on the sleep they missed the night before.

Joli didn't let it bother her though. She was just as busy discovering grandma and grandpa's house. Today we decided to take lunch to the beach so everyone could enjoy the beautiful day. The big teenagers slept on a blanket. The younger one's played in the water with my dad. And my mom and I watched Joli eat sand. I did take her into the water for a brief moment that she seemed to enjoy. But her chin started rattling almost immediately so I wrapped her up in a towel and her blanky, and she fell asleep on the way back to the car.

It was a quick but fun weekend.

1 comment:

Laume said...

It looks like the girls are trying to hang little boys out to dry. HA!

I like your mom's rug, by the way. I couldn't buy it for my house, the light colors would get dirty so fast in a smaller livingroom.

The bearded baby? Maybe she's destined for a career in the circus.