Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy Nine Months!

Today was Joli's nine month birthday!! We had been running around all week, so today we went to the zoo. She really seemed to enjoy it. We went to the reptile exihibit first and she didn't really notice too much, but there were a few snakes that were climbing the glass and she stared at them with a very unsure look. Next we went to the sea lion show. At first she was just excited to look at the people and clap when they did. Then they started dancing and so did she. Then the sea lion came up right in front of us and she started squealing and jumping up and down. I'm pretty sure she had fun. After that was over we walked over to the Children's Zoo. It was okay, I didn't think it looked much different then the other parts of the zoo except that they had a petting zoo inside with some goats, and a few extra things to climb on. Joli and I went into the petting zoo but when I would put her down next to the goats she would only stare at them. She also got to crawl through a tunnel that was next the "Mouse House" display. She thought that was great.

This turtle was also part of the children's part. Joli wasn't too sure about being on it, and I was a little worried about her falling off, but she did good.
It was a very fun day, and Joli looked at a lot of animals. But it was also exhausting, even for someone riding in a stroller. So we took a nap break.
Before we left we stopped by the gift shop. I had decided early on that I would let Joli get one thing to remember her first trip to the zoo. We went into the gift shop and I put her down on the floor. She crawled around a little bit and then went straight to the panda bears. So I let her hold onto it while we walked around to all the other stuffed animals just to make sure that was the one she wanted. While she would take some of the other one's she absolutely refused to let go of the panda. I put her back down on the floor and she drug it around the store. Then I tried to take it so I could pay for it and she had a death grip on it. The cashier was very nice and cut the tag off so she could scan it.
Once we got home it was time to relax. Joli went and got her Baby Einstein DVD out of the cabinet, and brought it to me, which I took to mean that she wanted to watch it. So she sat and watched her movie while I made her a snack.

After a long day Joli got into her Creepy Crawler pj's and went to sleep!

1 comment:

Laume said...

Uhm, only didn't you go to the zoo yesterday? And yesterday was the 9th, not the 6th. A little creative revisionist history making? It was at least someone's birthday. And did she even see eee a panda bear? You should have bought her a stuffed hot dog.
I like her creepy crawler jammies.