Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Mommy's Creativity

We had a little family outing the other day and we chose to go to the book store. It was a good time as Joli loves to look at books and so do Joe and I. As I was showing Joli a book about shapes and colors, I realized that she was actually paying attention. Not wanting to buy another book that would just get tossed around and only really looked at when I sit down with Joli at sleep times, I decided to come home and make some things I could put up on the walls for her. So I made Joe promise I could use the computer when we got home and I set to work. Sunday night I finished the shapes.
Last night I finished the colors.
And this afternoon I finished the alphabet.
I also did a little more decorating for Halloween. I read in a magazine to cut out shapes using black poster board and then put tissue paper behind it on a window so that it would shine through with an eerie effect. I had a few extra shapes left so I put them on the door.

2 comments:

Laume said...

So cute! So clever! So much work! But I mean, really, it really should have been "Q for Quilt".

Anonymous said...

The finished alphabet looks wonderful - are you using plain masking tape for the borders? That might end up being bad for your walls (pulling more than paint and paper off). You might want to get some Blue Painters Tape - its Pretty & Practical!

And I agree with Laume - Q is for QUILT!
:-D eirdre