Monday, May 5, 2008

Sweet as Vinegar...

Isn't she so cute and sweet, sleeping so nicely in her carseat as we run around town doing errands?
So who's going to watch her for a couple hours so I can get some PEACE?!?!?! I love her, she's amazing, and makes me laugh all the time; but she's driving me CRAZY!!!

Yesterday she discovered where the emergency button is for our security system! Although we have tried very hard to keep this from her by concealing it with large pieces of furniture and shiny objects, the genius who installed the system thought that six inches from the floor was an awesome place to put it! So after Joe and I caught her trying to crawl back behind said furniture, we immediately put a stop to it. However, at 2:47 this morning, I was not watching the cat who then sat on the button that Joli had pulled from the wall earlier and we had not noticed.

I am immediately awoken to a very loud siren coming from the bottom of the stairs and the alarm company calling to make sure we are okay. I missed the call but shut off the alarm. I go back to bed, where hubby and baby are still sound asleep. Thirty-one minutes later, just as my dreams are beginning to surface again I hear a car door and lovely sound that flashing lights are not supposed to make. I jiggle hubby and inform him that the police are here to check on us. He tells me I better get dressed before I go down there!! So as I am searching for some clothes in the dark I see the officer radio something in and then drive away. Boy I hope they know that we are okay! I crawl back in bed just in time to get kicked in the face by a very small foot. I now understand what people mean by "sometimes thankless job".

No comments: