Friday, June 25, 2010

Being a Family

Things have started to settle down and we've actually started getting back into some kind of normal life. Markus certainly seems to be adjusting.
We went back to the pool today. Joe and Joli have had such a great time swimming together! Markus just enjoys being outdoors!
We forgot Joli's life jacket today and the ones they had at the pool didn't fit too great, so Joe had to help her out a lot.
Eventually she just took off the life jacket and practiced jumping in and swimming to the edge.

Since I'm finally able to get into the pool, we decided to give swimming with Markus another shot.
At first he wasn't all that thrilled and the water wasn't too warm.

Joe was fascinated by how well Markus floats.
Eventually he started to calm down and enjoy the water, but he was still cold so we got him out.
Joe and Joli played some more while I got Markus warmed up.

Nice and cozy!
Then I got to play with Joli! We played choo-choo and I pulled her around the pool with the noodles.

Once we got home we all needed baths and decided to try out the baby bathtub again. Apparently I got the water at the right temperature and the right level because Markus almost fell asleep!

Then every one laid down and fell asleep! I took some time to sit down and relax myself!
Markus sprayed me twice today while I changed his diaper, so he ended up in a couple outfits today. This is one that Grandpa Pat brought for him.
Markus is also starting the like his little chair. I like it too! I like that he can be with me while I'm doing stuff!
I did my best to keep Joli occupied and not let her watch tv today. She did a ton of activities and actually had a great time!
Markus has finally grown enough to fit in his matching jammies that I bought for him and Joli!
Once they were both ready for bed, we all cuddled up on the couch and read a bedtime story!
Hopefully this post makes since and I've spent almost two hours rocking Markus with one hand and typing with the other! I think it's time for bed!

2 comments:

kacie said...

Great post! Love the matching Jammies! Is it wrong to say I can't wait for Joe to go back to work so I can see you again!?!?!

Unknown said...

Addi had the same chair when she was tiny! She LOVED it when I would put it in the middle of the kitchen table so she could see what I was doing while cooking and cleaning :)