Monday, June 2, 2014

More Backyard Work

Today I took Markus and we got a truck load of rocks. The idea was to fill in this walkway, which was covered in weeds until yesterday. Here it is after a few wheel barrow loads.
 I had such a great helper. He pick out his own "work" clothes, and was all about helping me load and unload the rocks.
 This was the section under the stairs that I still hadn't weeded!
 Markus only last about two hours before he was hungry and tired. So he had a little snack before he went inside for a nap.
 I continued to work, on load at a time.
 I stopped to take a few pictures and tend to my ever growing garden. The squash plants are simply out of control!
 I have had several squash already!!

 I just love basil, especially my purple basil!
 The cucumber plant has made its way out from underneath the squash and is finally climbing up. There's even little cucumbers!
 I have two tomato varieties. These are cherry.
 These are grape! I don't have any of the larger tomatoes because the kids love to eat these right out of the garden, and sometimes they don't even make it in the house!
 I was also able to fill in the cinder blocks and put the top on the bench today!
 I continued to work (through tired arms) on the pathway. Almost there!
 I stopped to put anchors on my gazebo so it doesn't blow away.
 Then it was finally done!! It looks SO much better without the weeds!


 I have a lovely pathway now!!
 I also used the extra cinder blocks I had to make a little side table...
 Nikki and Tessa came over for dinner, and I managed to take one picture. Oh well, we had a good time!
I'm sore now, but I will sleep well!

No comments: