Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Fourth Birthday!!

This morning the kids woke up  ready to party, but I had to get it set up. So I got them set up with pop tarts, milk and a movie. They took turns asking for things about every thirty six seconds so that I couldn't complete a single task without having to stop and do something. They were just so excited!
 The jumpie guy came at 7:15, and I convinced them to wait an hour so that the neighbors could sleep longer. Then it was on!



 I got a few pictures of the birthday boy!

 I still had about an hour before people would arrive, but the kids were determined to blow through every activity in less than five minutes so they could fight and drive me crazy. It all got done though, and everyone was happy!








 I got my fruit platter put together, and then had to hide it from the kids. They wanted it so bad!!
 Dave, Patti, Hannah, and Noah arrived and brought a cake and a pinata! The cake was AMAZING!!!!
 They took the kids outside and had them fill the pinata. They may have eaten five or eight pieces of candy in the process.
 Everyone got their swim suits on and we headed out to fill up the pools!
 I had such great helpers today!! I couldn't have done it without them!!
 Justin is getting so big. He's so cute keeping up with the big kids!

 Of course the kids thought they were going to eat an entire bowl of Starbursts. I sent them off the play with promises of eating more later.
 Niel and Danisa arrived with Landon and new baby Sage!!! I was so excited to meet her!
 She's so incredibly adorable!
 The kids had the best time. I just loved watching them all today!



 It was so nice having so many great grown ups too. I think they all enjoyed themselves!
 Noah is the best big brother! He held the sprinkler for them all to slide for quite awhile!
 Then it was cake time. Yahoo!!



 Since it was his birthday, I gave him the whole top! I mean, it just has to happen, right!?!?!



 All the kids started devouring cake! It was a mess, but so tasty!!


 After somewhat of a cake fight, the girls took a chat break.
 The boys had a water break.
 Then we headed upstairs for pinata time!!
 Marus was a heavy hitter.
 Not sure why this pictures loaded like this, but Joli had some pretty great hit too!
 The other kids had hit pretty hard, and almost popped it open!

 In the end, I put it back up and took out some aggression on Spiderman. Poor guy might not have deserved what I did to him.
 There was what reminded me of a shark feeding frenzy before all the candy was collected.
 I hung what was left of Spiderman back up. It just seemed appropriate. 
 Next, we went in to open presents! I ordered this for Markus' rock box and it came in the mail during the party! I didn't think it would come until next week, so I was very excited for him to get it today.
 I also got Markus a new set of boxing gloves! He was excited!
 Then he opened the super soaker from Niel and Danisa! Biggest squirt gun I've ever seen!
 Next was the LEGOs I bought a few days ago because I didn't think his other presents would get here in time.
 A boy can never have too many LEGOs!
 He was super happy to open his "American Boy Doll" from Joli! After much discussion, he and Joli decided they would call him "Landon". I thought it was adorable as they love their friend, Landon, too!
 Markus read all the cards Joli made for him this week. They were all so sweet. They said things like "You're the best brother ever", and "I love you Batboy". She can actually be nice to him!
 Then he opened the present from Grandma Lori and Papa Paul! He was so excited when he got mail!

It was seriously the coolest squirt gun ever!!
 Next he opened the present from Ryan. Joli threw his other shield over the fence last week, so he was totally pumped!
 This Captain America mask with shooters was so cool!
 The present that he yelled the loudest for was the web shooters from Stacey and her kids. He's been asking me to buy them for months, and Stacey knew he wanted them SO bad. He was so excited! 
 Markus also got some awesome cars from Teresa and her girls! Amazingly I didn't get any pictures, although he played with Hot Wheels Spiderman race track ALL evening! The last surprise present was a big drum set from GG, Grandpa Pat, and Magic. He was so excited, and couldn't wait to play for us!

 While Markus was playing I got the web shooters set up. Markus was so happy!
 Then I made him take it outside...
 After everyone went home, we went outside to start cleaning up. The ids were a big help....





 The dogs had been inside most of the day, but since the jumpie was still up I couldn't let Havoc run around and potentially pop it. Poor guy wanted to jump so bad!
 Brody just wanted to eat food out of the grass, and honestly, he was afraid of the jumpie. Every time the kids would jump and the head would bounce, he would hide!
 Once we got cleaned up, we came inside and relaxed. Markus cuddled with "Landon" while they watched a movie.
 Joli had her "Diana" too!

 After we came inside, I realized that the girls all left little messages for Markus outside. So sweet!


We had such an amazing and fun day. Thank you to everyone that was here to make it such a special day!!

No comments: