Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sand and Sun

On Friday I took the kids to the beach for a few hours. It was beautiful and the perfect temperature.


 Joli asked if we could bring the boogie boards and Markus just couldn't wait to learn. He decided to go out on his own.


 But that meant going out into the water, which he doesn't typically do.
 So Joli decided to show him how it's done.
 Markus watched for awhile. Joli was doing a pretty good job.


 I hung out with the birds and watched.
 Then Joli talked Markus into letting her teach him.

 It didn't go well. I took Markus out later and he did a great job! I guess he felt safer having me next to him than Joli!

 We had a little lunch.
 Then the kids ran up and down the hill for awhile.

 It was pretty relaxing.


 Then kids found some shells in the sand and kept running back and forth to show me.

 Markus found a hole that someone dug, and didn't seem to care that he was practically on someone's blanket. They didn't care until he dumped sand on their blanket.
 Joli found some kids to play with out in the water, and Markus was determined to get her attention.
 After awhile, everyone started to get a little sleepy.

 Markus went over to play in the hole some more. I was certain he had fallen asleep!



It was such a nice morning.

No comments: