Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fairy Girls

I am so excited! In a a couple weeks I am taking Joli and my sisters up to Oregon to meet Laume at a Fairy Festival! It's going to be so much fun. We've all had so much fun already just getting our outfits ready. My sisters talked my mom into taking them to thrift stores to look for things. I, on the other hand, had to find things around my house. Joli was easy. She already has a set of wings and a couple of fairy-looking dresses. Plus Laume bought her some stuff too. However, coming up with a costume for me was very difficult. I wanted to go with a Peter Pan, woodsy kind of thing. I had some tights that I don't really wear that often so I sewed a bunch of strips of fabric on them. I stayed up all night working on that. Then this morning I made a headband out of fabric and some fake flowers from mine and Joe's wedding. I threw in a few finishing touches and this is what I've come up with.
Laume suggested that I make my strips more pointy. So I'm currently cutting the ends, and then Joe actually showed me how to fray the edges. Who knew he knew anything about fabric? I'm also planning on getting much bigger wings. Those are actually Joli's wings that I just attached to my shirt for the picture. Otherwise I think I'm pretty sexy!

2 comments:

Miss Elena said...

Your costume is adorable!

Joe did grow up with his mom; He must have at least picked up a few things.

Anonymous said...

I like your idea. It looks like one of the pictures Elena printed while figuring out her costume. We have some hangers and tule left if you need them to make wings.