Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tiny Projects

Well I haven't done a whole lot since we've been home, but here are some of the small things that I've done the past couple of days.
Joe had a dentist appointment on base on Tuesday. So Joli and I went down to the beach while we waited. We discovered that there are a ton of sand dollars on the beach at 8:30 in the morning. I just happened to have a basket with me and we filled the whole thing. We could have spent more time there but I soon discovered that Joli had pooped. Which wouldn't be a big deal except I had cleaned out the car the night before and only had a diaper. No clothes. No wipes. So we went into the beach bathroom and I washed her off in the sink. She seemed okay with it until I put her under the dryer, because there were no paper towels. Oh well, life goes on I guess. When we got home I put the sand dollars in a tub with some bleach to make them all white, like they are at the store.
This is how Joli helped. She sat in mommy's other tub with her toys while I took care of the sand dollars.
When Laume came down a couple of weeks ago she brought me this pane less window. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it at first, but I decided to put it up against the mirror in the hallway. Now it looks like we have an extra window!
This is a bowl that Laume also brought me. I bought some potpourri at the Dollar Tree and thought it looked like the perfect place for it.
My mom brought my turtle back, and I came up with this wonderful idea to put him in the window in the living room. With the photo albums and sewing stuff up there, it almost looks like a little library!

My last little project was this headband I threw together for the 4th of July festival. I made Joe a patriotic quilt a couple years ago and I had some left over fabric so I just put it together and put it in my hair.

No comments: