Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Joli's Crawling!!

I'm so excited! Joli has been trying and trying for what seems like months and she finally started crawling. For the longest time she would just rock back and forth and then lay on her stomach and cry. Then a couple days ago she figured out how to get from laying on her stomach to sitting up. That in itself was a shining moment. But tonight she just blew me away. She was whining as usual, so I got down on the floor and played like I was going to crawl towards her. She opened her mouth wide and started smiling, and then she started crawling towards me. Instead of continuing towards her I encouraged her to come to me. She smiled even more and crawled all the way across the living room to me! I was so ecstatic! I picked her up and gave her lots of hugs and praise. Then I put her down and went over to the other side of the room, and she crawled over there. Then I went and got the camera and took short video so her daddy could see. We are so proud of our little girl!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crawling, then walking, then running, and you won't have to worry about getting exercise any more!