Saturday, December 15, 2007

First Birthday Party!

The last few days have been a complete whirlwind. It started out with six hours of decorating Joli's birthday cake yesterday morning. I had to use six pounds of powdered sugar, but it turned out pretty good.
Then at 3:30 yesterday afternoon I had to drop what I was doing and go pick up Joe after being gone for two weeks. I told him I cleaned up for him by taking off my frosting covered apron. Then we didn't get back until after 4:30, which meant that I had to take a shower and get ready so we could be downtown by 6:00 for Joe's Christmas Party. We finally got there at 7:00 and had to stand out on a freezing cold patio until 8:00 when they finally served the food. It was a good time especially after Joe found me a drink. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of how good we look. I didn't even think about it until we were in the car on our way home and I had already taken off my stockings and shoes. My family was here when we got home and I put everyone to work chopping vegetables until 2:30 in the morning. When I woke up this morning I was greeted with the sweetest sight.
They stayed in bed like that for awhile. Joe finally got up, but Joli didn't until after 10:00. It ended up being just fine because she wasn't feeling well and her party started at 12:00. I didn't get too many pictures because I was busy directing, but my mom took some, and my sister took some with my camera.

No comments: