Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snow Bunnies!!!

Yesterday was a glorious day of playing in the snow!! We took Joli up to one of the local mountain towns that is covered in snow. At first Joli was a little concerned, but once she figured out that she was light enough that she could walk on top of it, she was fine. It kind of reminded me of Jesus, you know the walk on water thing. Every time one of us took a step we sunk about two feet (not really, but it seemed like it every time I tried to pull my leg out). She was also much happier once she got used to wearing four layers that made her capable of rolling into a snowball at any given moment.
It also helped that I had no problem rolling in it myself. She thought that was kind of funny.
We went to a local park so Joli could play on the swings. She almost didn't fit into the swing due the amount of clothing she was wearing. It was also very bright, but her daddy enjoyed putting his sunglasses on her.
Here Joli is once she finally got the hang of walking with bulkiness.
I love snow, so jumping belly first into it sounds absolutely wonderful to me!!
I also get very cold easily. Joe says I have horrible circulation. But I was very happy with four layers under my snow jacket, and jeans under my snow pants and snow boots!

Joli has been such and incredible Daddy's girl this last week. She wants to go everywhere he goes, and will stand outside the door crying if he goes inside any room. While we were in the snow she seemed to be very nervous that he was going to leave her in the cold stuff, so it took awhile to get her to let him put her down. She didn't want me, just Joe.
As previously stated, love that Daddy.
It was such a great time. We ate lunch, and then poked around a few shops before we finally headed back.


No comments: