Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Butterfly Bust

So the Butterfly Exhibit at the Wild Animal Park only lasts until Sunday. So I decided I would take Joli back because I really wanted to see it. Well I have to say it was totally not worth it. There were so many people there! It was incredibly hot and crowded, and this was after we spent a half hour in line! My wild child did not like it and wouldn't even get down, much less look at the butterflies. One landed on my shoulder and Joli was upset that I wasn't holding her, I couldn't even get her to stop screaming long enough to look at it. So we left to go check out some animals I knew she would love to see. As always, the ducks! She pretended to drive a boat along next to them.
Then we walked a little further and found a giant turtle shell. It was too small for me, but Joli fit!
She just looked so cute sliding out.
After we saw the butterflies I convinced her to go check out the petting zoo. At the Wild Animal Park the petting zoo consists of deer. They are very friendly as they have been hand raised, but Joli was still a little suspicious.
So she decided to just sit near them and maybe they would just consider her part of their herd.
She looked so funny hanging out with the deer.
I don't know if she thought these were relatives or what. She did call them all "kitty" though.

Once we got home I had hoped she would take a nap since she was so crabby. Turns out she had other plans.

I'm not quite sure what this look is all about. She's enjoying her table even more now that I've put it in the kitchen. Now she can color, play with play-doh, or do puzzles, and I don't have to worry about the carpet or Joli climbing on the big table. What a silly girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's soo funny, I just love her. Her sitting with the deer is way cute. That sucks that the butterfly thing wasn't good. Hopefully she slept good for you that night lol. Love Jess
P.S I have to use the anonymous thing cuz I don't have a google account(in case you were wondering)