Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Zoo and The Fall Festival

This week we were so excited to have some old friends from our hometown to come down and stay with us. Kathy and Angela were awesome and gave me a place to stay while Joe was in Boot Camp until he started getting paid. They came down so that Angela could check out colleges in the area but we also wanted to do something fun, so we headed to the zoo!

This hyena was menacing. He kept watching Joli and it was kind of creepy.
Angela really wanted to see the big cats and luckily the tigers we pretty close to the viewing area.
This guy was just watching his sibling splash around down below.
As usual we had to stop by the reptile house. I think this is probably my favorite of the snakes. They just look so pretty.
They don't creep me out when they're behind glass until they start watching me. That's not cool.
Joli is simply fascinated by snakes. She could watch them forever. I hope she realizes that she will NEVER EVER have one!
So this was the point in our trip when I actually screamed. I was watching the snake up in the tree and hadn't noticed the other moving around in cage. You can kind of see him moving up the side of the wall, well the screaming occurred when he jumped up from the leaves.
Today there was a Fall Festival in our area and I thought Joli would love it. There was a craft area where she could make something and she decided to decorate a visor.
Here is her finished product.
As we were leaving she noticed some crayons and decided to add a few finishing touches.
Then she got bored of it and passed on to me to wear.
After strolling around for a while, we went with Kacie, Chris, Charlotte, Abby, her mom, Syrus, and Lilly, up to the hay rides. We were all very excited. Charlotte was a little fussy but it's easy to distract babies.
After the hay ride we all went our separate ways and Joli and I went down to the bounce house that she really wanted to go in. The headed off to get our free pumpkin and finally grabbed a hot dog and a soda. Joli insisted that we couldn't leave until we had a cupcake.
I'm not sure if it was the hot dog, almost the entire soda, or the cupcake, but Joli wasn't feeling too hot on the way home. She's taking a nap now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just too much junk and not a bug!

2 comments:

kacie said...

Pretty background!!!

Danielle said...

So when you come visit we have to go to the Wildlife zoo. They have a reptile exhibit with a snake and there is no glass. It's CRAZY!!! Come soon!!! :)