Saturday, June 2, 2012

Markus' 2nd Birthday Party!!

Today we had a little birthday party in the park for Markus! He was very excited!! He didn't quite know what was going to happen, but he knew his friends were coming and got to ride in Daddy's truck!


 Joli knew what was coming and asked me every day this week how many days. Then woke me up at 7:30 yelling "It's party day!".
 We were trying to tape down the table covers and Joli decided she had the best way of helping.
 I wanted Markus to get a tricycle for his birthday, so my mom and step dad got him one! Isn't it awesome!?!?! Markus loves it!
 I'm not sure what was so fascinating about the sign, but all the kids were into it.
 Discovering the many ways to play.
 We told the kids we would got to the playground after our frozen yogurt, so they entertained themselves in the bushes.
 Markus kept getting pieces of ice out of the water bucket and eating them, dropping them in the dirt, then putting them back in his mouth. Yuck!
 Joe is an expert and watching a bike. It was so nice to have our friends!
 My mom, step dad, brother and sister all came down for the party!! It was so great to see them all!
 Joli giving her all at a dramatic performance called "I scrapped my knee eight days ago". It must have been good because Shane and Markus are listening intently.
 The kids all just love each other! I was just telling Joe that our kids might lose their minds if we ever moved away from Syrus and Lilly! It's bad enough we're losing Charlotte and Caroline!

 Markus is somewhat obsessed with bubbles. Enough that he feels he should stick his face in the blower!
 And then chase them across a field.
 His thing with the ice was pretty gross.
 I finally convinced him it was "yuck".
 So he played soccer with it instead.
 I am quite a lucky girl to have a sister that's a photographer and a nanny!! She was a super help!
 I think my daddy Patty was tired :)
 Then it was time to sing! It was too windy to light the candle, but Markus pretended to blow it out anyway.
 U-top-it in the park!!! Yum!
 It was a big hit!


 So nice to have so many good friends and family together!
 Markus could have cared less about the frozen yogurt. He was all about the toppings!
 Joli loves frozen yogurt. She could easily eat it at every meal! Her and her Grammy are peas in a pod!

 Unfortunately it seemed to get colder just as we got out the frozen yogurt. Poor Charlotte loved it, but was shaking so bad! I decided we should cuddle while she ate.
 Ryan took an awesome nap today so she and Nikki came a little late, but Ryan was a happy girl as always!

 The kids loved seeing our family.
 The boys talking "shop"
There's more coming......

No comments: