Saturday, June 16, 2007

Joe Graduated!!

The day has finally come! After two and a half years, Joe has finally completed the program! We are so excited!!!! We picked up Joe's brother, Sam, and his girlfriend, Kyla, from the airport yesterday. About an hour or so later, Joe's mom and his brother William arrived! So we decided to go out to dinner. We all had a great time, and Joli certainly enjoyed herself.

Then the boys headed off to do boy things, while us girls went straight for the beach. It was all fun and games until I stepped on a sting ray. As pain was shooting up and down my leg, I was thinking " I don't really feel so much like walking on the beach anymore". So I sat down and let Joli play with her grammi a little more.

Then we decided to walk up to Starbucks while we waited for the boys. I'll sacrifice pain for Starbucks. Finally we headed home to get some rest before the big day! Graduation was like most graduations. Long, sort of boring, but also so exciting!! We're so proud of Joe!!

Joli was very good through the whole ceremony. She didn't scream or cry at all! When she got tired, she just went to sleep!



Joli was very excited to see her daddy graduate!One happy family!Daddy's Trident!

My Family!


Once Joe was done chatting, we went out to lunch with both our families, and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Once the evening came Laume said she'd watch Joli so I could go to Joe's gradution party with him. I was very excited since this was the first time I was going to get to go out since I was about four months pregnant. So Joe, Sam, Kyla, and I went down to this bar on the beach and partied it up with a bunch of Joe's friends. The evening was very exciting, especially when Joe got his pin pounded into his chest! I don't think I'd be up for that, but I guess it's tradition. At this point I should mention that Kyla and I have been friends for ten years. So we danced while the boys talked about manly things. About four hours later I started getting a little antsy about my baby, and everyone was ready to go, so we headed back. Joe passed out the minute he hit the pillow. Sam yaked in my bushes for awhile. Kyla helped Laume make pancakes. And I fed my baby. It was a great time!!

No comments: