Monday, June 4, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

Joe began his day at what I like to fondly call "The butt-crack of dawn". Joli and I, not so much. We had a fairly late start. Not on my part, but someone stayed in bed until almost 11:00am.
It was very exciting for me because I got to take a shower alone! And I shaved!! Big moments in a mommy's life. Once we got ourselves together, we had to take Joe to work. I figured since we were already going to be over there, why not go to the beach. Unfortunately, once we got there it was cloudy and a windy, and just a bit too cold by my standards. So Joli and I headed back to the house. Once we got home of course it was beautiful, so we settled for the park. Now we don't have a lot of snacky things in our house, but I do like to have some fruit every now and again. Which is why I brought an apple with me to the park. But as I have been learning lately, anything that I eat, Joli gets as well. This is why I didn't get to eat my ice cream until 11:30pm last night. But I forgot about this when I started to eat my apple. Joli of course was watching me very closely, just waiting for the moment when I was going to break down and give her some. Finally I did begin to break off tiny pieces and feed them to her. And this is what happened...

Apparently I am not longer in charge. Then after some more time under our little tree we headed home to play the "I'm really tired but I don't want to take a nap" dance. Eventually, after barely a nap and numerous screams, we made it through bath time and now my little linebacker is ready for bed.

Now if only I can get her to sleep for more than forty-five minutes before she wants to play again.

2 comments:

Laume said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! That's Joe's little linebacker onesie! And just for reference, Joe outgrew that by the time he was three month's old!

Kristen said...

from the time she was an infant, irene rarely took naps that lasted longer than 30 minutes. it was very frustrating sometimes. rhys was better in the nap department.

she sure is darling!