Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Love of a Woman

Well my husband was sick today. Which of course meant I had two to take care of. But he was very sweet last night when he said that he wanted to go with us to one of my favorite places in San Diego. It's an herb farm called Summers Past. It's one of the most relaxing places to go when you live in the city. Today they were having a fairy festival. People make little fairy gardens to be entered in a contest, and children dress up as little fairies. Then at the end there is a fairy tea. I was very excited, especially since in all the time we've lived here I've never got my husband to go. Unfortunately when we woke up this morning it was very cloudy and windy, and Joe was feeling much worse than he did last night. So we didn't get to go. I told my little fairy when she woke up, and she was very sad.
The day was mostly boring. Sorting clothes, doing dishes, changing diapers, taking care of sicky. I was feeling slightly annoyed at being a woman, after my husband made a comment that I sit around doing nothing all. Especially since on this particular day I had yet to sit down when I did not have and infant attached to my breast. But then one of the perks of being a woman showed up with my husband, and I was okay with it.

So I guess I just call it another day that evened itself out. What can you do?

No comments: