Sunday, June 3, 2007

New Phases

Today was a day of new things. Joli and I finished going through a box of hand-be-downs. Sorting them into sizes and putting them in the appropriate box.
We also put her 3-6 month clothing in a box and took out the 6-9 month clothing. Just in time considering she went through five outfits today. Part of our task was trying on accessories to see what fits, and we discovered that the most adorable little tennis shoes that she got from her great-grandma Barb fit her!

Since it was a day of change and moving on, we took apart her baby swing that she can almost pull herself out of, and the bouncy seat, and put them in a box.

As if this was not exciting enough, Joli is learning new things as well. She is now starting to figure out how to get from the sitting position onto her hands and knees. She still hasn't really gone anywhere, but I don't think it will be too long now. She also is learning how to use a spoon. She can't get the food on the spoon yet, but if I put it on and then put the spoon on the tray, she can pick it up and put it in her mouth, mostly.

So onto a new phase, and new adventure. Even Joe made a comment about how fast his baby is growing up. The most widely shared piece of advice among mothers, is that it happens so fast and to enjoy it. I have enjoyed ever minute of being a mother. Even in those moments when I have threatened to toss her out the window, she just laughs and gives me that wonderful little smile and I'm still so happy. But I still can't help but be sad when I see the tiny little pink dress her daddy put on her when she was a week old, because he said he wanted her to look like a girl, and then held with her for an hour so I could sleep. I will never get those moments back, and I'm sad because they were wonderful, but at the same time I'm happy because I'm helping my little girl grow and we're moving on to the next wonderful stage. I get very excited about her being in the next stage, but I always have to take a little time to mourn those that have past. Having a child gives me a great appreciation for life and how very short it can be. Cherish the moments, or tomorrow they'll be gone and you'll wish you still had today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really put the swing away? You just got it. You aren't going to save the stuff to use for your home day care?