Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Complete Family

Saturday afternoon Joli and I jumped in the car and raced over to Coronado to pick up Joe. It was so exciting for both of us! When we first saw him it was a bit of a shock. We both just stared at him for a minute. At this point I should mention that part of his initiation while he was gone, was to shave his eyebrows. Most of the guys just had to shave their heads, but for those who don't know my husband, he doesn't have any hair on his head. So apparently the next best thing was his eyebrows. Now he had told me about it ahead of time, but it was still quite a shock! Of course I couldn't really say anything, because apparently the guys had been calling him chemo and using him to get free stuff, claiming he had cancer. So I did my best to keep my mouth shut.

Joli also noticed the difference, and while she was okay with smiling at him, she was NOT okay with him holding her. For about five minutes that is. She smiled and laughed and talked his ear off the whole way home. Once we got home, she hugged him more times then I could count, and then spent the rest of the day following him around. She even sat outside the bathroom door and cried while he tried to use it. That baby really loves her daddy.


Later in the day, Joe put together his x-box, and got out his new game, Guitar Hero III. Joli danced and sang while her daddy played for her. (For more on Guitar Hero, visit my MIL at Beach Treasure.)

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. We went out to lunch on Sunday to celebrate everyone being home, and then spent Monday running errands since Joe had the day off. But the rest of the time, we just hung out at home, and enjoyed that we were all home!

1 comment:

Laume said...

I wanna see the boy sans eyebrows!

Joli looks very '80's in that outfit.

XXXOOO