Thursday, November 15, 2007

Flurry

Well I haven't done much in the last few days. I finished one page and was working on another when I got side-tracked by a small helper. One of Joli's newest things is to say "ah-oh". Which was really cute as first except now she "accidentally" drops things regularly and then says "ah-oh". I know it's a phase but it makes it no less annoying. I discovered yesterday that if I pretend I didn't see her do it and I just continue with what I'm doing, she'll stop. It was very exciting to discover this since telling Joli that it's not okay and we don't throw our food on the ground, didn't seem to work. In fact it usually created somewhat of an opposite effect. More of a, hold arm straight out and then open hand, all while looking them straight in the eye with a very big smile. Then with an equally large smile say "ah-oh". This of course was always just the right button to push with her father, and lead immediately to an extraction from the high chair, and a screaming tantrum on the floor. So now with this new found technique I have less food on my floor, less tantrums, and less angry man. It seems like a win-win to me. That is until tomorrow when she will of course discover something new and equally as annoying. The only down fall to this tactic is that when Joli is going around the house it doesn't really seem to matter if I'm even in the room for the "ah-oh" to take affect. Which means that any basket, shelf, tabletop, dresser, or anything that is generally raised off the floor, is fair game for a full swoop of "ah-oh"s. This being the reason that although I have actually been cleaning my house for two days, it looks exactly the same. Oh and she's walking almost everywhere now, so it's about to get so much worse. I love my baby.

2 comments:

Laume said...

I'm still chuckling at the visual. I'm just glad she learned how to do this AFTER you guys went home. Hehe.

Laume said...

P.S. Your eyes are too big. It doesn't look like you.