Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Few Things

This has been an interesting week. There had to be a point during deployment in which I would have a meltdown and this week was it. I'm better now, just working past it, looking forward to having my husband home again (hopefully soon), and keeping busy. I'm still somewhat emotionally exhausted and have been horrible about answering the phone or returning the calls. Not because I'm trying to isolate myself (believe me I'm never alone), but because I'm trying to keep busy in a productive way, and it's just hard to get things done when you're on the phone with one more concerned person (not that I don't TOTALLY appriciate everyone's help!). So all that to say that if you do happen to be one of those people that I haven't gotten back to, don't take it personally, I promise to call soon!

We haven't actually spent a whole lot of time home but Joli has still had time to explore Kota's new crate. I don't know why people waste money on playhouses. Buy a doghouse and kill two birds with one stone!
One of Joli's new favorite pair of shoes is my monkey slippers. The only problem is I often can't find them
One of the creative things I did this week was to create more cabinet space for my kitchen! I really wanted to get some kind of shelving unit but those usually cost money, so I remembered that I had Joli's changing table in the laundry and wasn't really doing much with it. So I brought it into the kitchen, put some of my small appliances on the shelves and made a curtain! Doesn't it look nice?!
This morning Joli and I went to watch our friend's son, Ryan so she could go to the DMV. Joli and Ryan are about six months apart but equally as unwilling to take turns, so we came up with a new fun way to share.
Okay I'm off to try and catch up on the sleep I've been missing! Until next time...

3 comments:

Laume said...

That is one adorable little boy!

Laume said...

The cabinet makes that space look warmer and a bit more homey. I like it!

Miss Elena said...

Joli's future husband!!!!!