Sunday, February 15, 2009

Relax and Recover

Last night Joli spent the night with Kacie that I could have a night out with some girlfriends. It was nice to have a break, and Kacie got an idea of what mommyhood is going to bring. Apparently no one slept well. Joli was worried about where I was so when Kacie would get up to go to the bathroom Joli would try to get up. Then she would say "go to Mommy's house?" when Kacie told her I was at Robyn's, Joli would pause and say "go to Robyn's house?". She also spent the whole of the night practically on top of Kacie and shoving her little feet in her side. For a woman that has tiny feet poking her in the belly all day, I guess it wasn't all that comfortable.

When I came to pick her up she was very excited, however she did have to wait until Mickey was over. Once we got home she was right back to hanging out on her porch now that the sun is finally out. At least the stroller is being put to good use.
One of things I didn't anticipate was that Kota would somehow figure out a way to chew through his crate, so when we came home this morning he was at the door to greet us. Luckily he didn't destroy any stuffed animals. He did however decorate the house with tutus and socks! Kota also chewed up one clean diaper! I can't figure out why. So after cleaning up the house and ourselves, Joli and I headed off to buy a new, chew-proof crate. It is enormous! It's bigger than both the dressers!!
After we bought the crate we picked up Kacie and headed to an afternoon of pampering put on by our Family Readiness Group. Joli played hard with the playground and the bounce house and all the other activities they had for the kids. She didn't get to sleep at all so once we headed home she was pretty much done.
After changing Joli and putting her to bed, I cleaned up the house and put away all the goodies I got today including more flowers!
Well I'm finally off to bed and hopefully to catch up on the sleep I've missed out on the past few days.

1 comment:

Laume said...

Who gave you the second bouquet? The group you went to?