Saturday, February 28, 2009

Old Friends, New Friends, and Wine

Last night I picked up Jess and Cole from the airport and we headed back to Robyn's house to hang out and chat with the girls. I had left Joli there to run down to the airport and Cole was so excited to see her!
At first Joli was very sweet and loving and wanted hugs and kisses. Now he's been here for a little bit and she's jealous and wants all the attention. Yep, two-year-old.
This morning little miss tutu had to be center of attention. I was trying to take pictures of Cole and someone wanted pictures taken of them too!
We didn't really have much a baby seat to set Cole in so while Jess showered and I ate breakfast, I got creative and brought the stroller inside. It actually worked pretty good cause he could sit up and see me and play with his toys on the tray too.
As we were getting ready Jess was showing me Cole's little sunglasses and I'm cracking up cause he totally leaves them on and everything. He's just too cool for school, lol!
One of the things I wanted to do while Jess was here was a movie and wine night with all the girls, so this was the message board today.
I took the tv from my bedroom and put it in Joli's room so that she and the other kids that were going to be here could watch some kid movies. Of course we had to test it out and make sure everything worked okay after I set it up.
There ended up being about five toddlers and two babies. The kids just loved playing in Joli's room and watching movies, and I let them have food in there too. I'm sure I'll be finding a bunch of that tomorrow! Our friend Deanna brought her daughter Isabella that's just a little younger than Joli and the plan was for them to stay the night. So after the other kids left we got Joli and Isabella all set up in their pjs and they just relaxed and watched movies together. Their first slumber party!
The two babies stayed out in the living room with us and those that didn't have babies passed them around when they weren't being fed.
After a little bit we busted out the computer to play around on facebook and look at pics of our guys. We all miss them!
Here is one of the babies being held by Nikki the expert nanny! She's our super baby sitter, we love her!
I decided to be a very stupid woman and started drinking wine before I started cooking. Yeah it's never a good idea to drink when you haven't actually eaten yet. So after a little while the wine caught up to me and I started using dried cranberries and cheese squares as props. I guess I never learned not to play with my food!
We had so much fun though, and I'm so glad everyone came out and had such a good time. I took it as a sign that everyone was having a good time when we didn't actually watch any movies. We played three different movies and no one had any clue what was going on in any of them! So wine night was a hit!! (* surprise, surprise*)

No comments: