Friday, February 13, 2009

Joli's First Valentine Party

Although this will be Joli's third Valentine's Day (I can't believe it!), today was her first Valentine party! Here is what the past few days have looked like.

Last night we had dinner over at Kacie's house and Joli was dressed very cute for the occasion.
Joli's new thing once we're at Kacie's is turn on the swing for the bear.
She's going to have a rude awakening once the baby gets here and she figures out these are not toys for her they are for the baby!
Then we came home from dinner and made Joli's valentine's for her party.
I cut out the hearts and wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" on them and Joli put on the stickers.
I wasn't totally sure how many kids would be at the party so we just made twelve and here they are!
The party was the music and movement class that we go to on Fridays but this week everyone brought a "healthy, pre-packaged, valentine's day treat". You would not believe how hard it is to find something that fits that criteria. I wanted to buy the individually wrapped packages of cheese and then some individually wrapped packages of crackers, but the only crackers I could find were those nasty ritz crackers with the fake cheese on them. So much for whole grain! So I gave up and bought boxes of animal crackers, which actually everyone loved!
Here is Joli showing off some of her Valentines.
We were also supposed to both wear pink and red. Now for Joli that was not too hard, but for me I spent hours trying to find something that wasn't either pink and black or red and black. It seems I have a trend going. Joli looked very cute in her valentine outfit.
After the party we went to yoga where Joli got to do Valentine's Day crafts in the day care. I was trying to convince her it was going to be fun on the way so I asked her if she would color me a picture, well she delivered!
She also made me a valentine's butterfly! I'm fairly certain she just did the sticker part. I loved it!
Looks like I'll still get some love this Valentine's Day!!

No comments: