Sunday, December 6, 2009

Joli's Birthday

Joli's been asking all weekend to open her stack of presents and she was thrilled to finally get the green light. Brianna was here this weekend and brought down the presents from my family. We were both excited that she got the book "If You Give a Pig a Party" and the pig to go with it from my sisters. When Jess was here she bought Joli "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake" and I bought her "If You Take a Mouse to the Movies". We almost have a set now!
While my mom was visiting Joli told her that she wanted a "barbie girl", she was thrilled to see that she got a Cinderella Barbie and a Horse to go with it!
Grandpa Pat sent Joli a Candyland game and a cool learning game that hooks up to the t.v.! Joli's excited that now she has a game that she can play like Daddy does!
Last week Joli got a card that had some cash in it from my grandparents so I used to get a fishing game for her. She's been asking to go fishing for about a year now, so she was SO excited to get to fish!
My Grandma Betty also sent some money and since board games are fairly inexpensive, Joli got Memory and Chutes and Ladders!

This morning I rushed over to the ice cream store to get an ice cream cake. Didn't tell Joli it was because I wanted ice cream cake.
I think she was pretty happy about the cake either way.
Between Joe, Brianna, and I, we spent almost the entire afternoon playing games. As predicted, the most played with toy of the day was the fishing game!!
It was a very low-key and successful birthday!!

No comments: