Saturday, July 10, 2010

Botanical Gardens

Joli has been in slight need of extra attention lately and Joe and I have been doing our best to entertain her. Joe built her a fort.

Yesterday I took her to the San Diego Botanical Gardens with Chris and Kacie.
She learned all kinds of things including how important bats are! She even got to make one!

These chairs were so awesome! I want some at my house!

There were some really cool things to look at too.
Joli was so excited to paint. We even painted some more when we got home!

There was also a vegetable garden that Joli got the help grow things in!
I'm not sure why this is called a "sugar bowl", probably something to do with the type of plant.
Markus had a great time. He didn't make a peep the whole time!
There was a really cool stream that Joli got to play in. All the kids loved it!

1 comment:

Laume said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun - and wait until you see the other children's area as well. I felt like I missed out not having a kid to play with while I was there. I think that bowl, which looks like a sugar bowl for one thing, was filled with stevia plant - stevia is a natural sweetener - hence, "sugar" bowl.