Sunday, November 21, 2010

It Rained, But We Went Anyway

I wanted to take the kids to the zoo yesterday but it was pouring out. So I decided to wait till today, and it was once again pouring. So we just put on our rain gear and went anyway.

Today was the first time Markus had seen "real" rain. He was very fascinated.
I finally got to try out the rain cover on the stroller. Markus thought it was so funny. Joli played peek-a-boo with him.
We made a quick trip to the farmer's market and as usual, we ended up with some flowers. Joli broke one off so Markus got it, and tried to eat it. Every time he put it in his mouth he'd look at me like I did it!
We finally made it to the zoo and since Markus was in the backpack and not the stroller, we went on the skyfari.
All the way over to the polar bears! They redid the exhibit not too long ago and it's so fun!



Markus was pretty tired.

We started winding our way back towards the front by way of the elephants.




Once we came home and Markus took a nap he was in a great mood. I think it's hilarious all the things that are on this toy and his favorite part is the tag!
So there's a story behind this necklace. We were checking out some of the booths at the farmers market today and Joli was eyeing this handmade jewelry. I told her that we needed to get all of the fruits and veggies we came for first and then we could come back. Well the sweet little lady that makes the stuff said Joli was beautiful then she let her pick the necklace she wanted!
I made lentil soup for dinner and Joli and I had a whole bowl and so did Markus!! Lentil soup is awesome because I didn't have to take anything out, I just mushed it up with a fork and gave it to him and, he loved it!

What a fun day with my babies!

No comments: