Monday, July 7, 2008

Rainboots and Frogs

Joli and I had a little bit of a lazy day. We didn't go anywhere until almost 4:00! Which is big for us. We just hung out, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and spent sometime cuddling on the couch. Once we did go out it was only to keep Kacie company while she searched Ikea for a bookshelf. Since we have no money I made it a point to try not to buy anything. In the end I was able to gather a few dollars to get these lovely boots that Joli is so proudly displaying.
I'm am bouncing the idea back and forth of wearing them for the faery festival. Even though they do match my outfit, I just can't quite convince myself that a faery would wear rainboots. We'll see. I kept the reciept just in case.

I also managed to buy this adorable frog! Joli thought he was cute, but I love him! I promised myself a long time ago that I would no longer buy Joli stuffed animals as she has so many, but truth be told, I bought this one for me! He's just so sweet in a storybook kind of way!
I am, however very happy to share him with my darling child!
She'd totally obsessed with Pat-A-Cake right now. Just these last few weeks she has learned the tune, most of the words, and the hand motions. So now she sings it at any moment she can get, and everytime she finds something with moveable hands, she then forces it to play Pat-A-Cake as well. Unfortunately, sometimes it is a real live baby, and she has to be reminded that the baby may not want to play Pat-A-Cake.

2 comments:

Laume said...

These are particularly adorable photos of Joli - makes me miss her. The boots are pretty cool, I'd want them. Of course I can't buy them now, but I'd want them. I don't know how you can justify them, seeing as San Diego gets SO MUCH RAIN - snort! But I think they're worth saving in case you move to Oregon some day, yes?
And I'd have bought that fairy frog too. For me. Well, maybe I would have pretended I was buying him for Joli and then I would have decided to keep him. VERY cute. Oh, wait. Is it a girl frog? Too lazy to go back and check. Cute either way. But Joli is the cutest. Of course.

Sonya said...

Oh my gosh how adorable are both the boots and that frog! And wait...a faery festival?!? What is that about?

Joli is so adorable in those boots!

OOOHHH...and congrats on organization! Looks like you have some teaching to do...that would be teaching me to sew! :)

We'll get together soon YES?! Just don't want to infect you and Joli if Tres is contagious with anything other than toddler energy! :)

Take Care, Talk Soon,
Sonya