Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why We Love Aunt Karen's!

We are often asked why we stay with my Aunt Karen when we come up to visit family in Oregon, well I took a few pictures today that show why we love it here!

This is the bedroom we sleep in while we are here. Joli loves it! And so do I!
Toy boxes are the perfect place to hang out, don't you think?!
Joli also learned how to swing by herself after many promises that if she let go she would hit her head!
She really seemed to love it though!
Then we went over to explore the rock pile. It was a wonderful attraction and Joli spent most of the morning here. At first she was putting one rock at a time in the back of each dump truck.
Then she decided to see how the other machines worked. It kept her so busy I wandered around and just relaxed for a while!
Then Joli decided to start exploring and headed up to the orchard. I tried to explain that the old fruit that had fallen off the trees was not any good, but she insisted on trying it anyway.
After all of our exploring, we headed inside for a nutritional snack of marshmellows!
Later in the day after lots of visiting, we couldn't think of any better way to wind down then a nice dip in the hot tub.
Joli had such a good time swimming. Then after a few minutes I decided that I'd had enough and Joli reluctantly joined me in getting out.

2 comments:

Laume said...

I want to stay at Aunt Karen's house too!!!!! Can I pretend to be a long lost cousin or sumthin'?

Laume said...

I remember how much I loved playing with those metal trucks when I was a kid.